Saturday, October 6, 2012

NaNoWriMo


My friend, Des, has been participating in getting ready for the National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to have 50k words, a novel, in one month time period. Well, It's time for me to saddle up, because I've join the contest as well. Good thing is, I have some time to pull off a good plot, though I'm still thinking of what it should be. Plots are extremely hard, I come up with one, then I change my mind. 

Thankfully, I've come up with a synopsis of what I want to write about. I'm tired of all those school vampires, zombies stuff, so I wanna write about a coven settled in modern day New York. This will be slightly hard. I want to base the novel around three main characters, each having something unique about them that ties them together. Plus, the Coven is owned by the first main character, Liviana. 

I was thinking about going on the NYC night time theme, when everything comes to life. Livi owns one strip of a prime property of the New York strip, while her brother owns another one on the exact opposite side of town. They're both part of that elite group of Yorkers. The two siblings are going at it, a sort of sibling rivalry because her brother wants to finish unsolved business. The humans are classifying the series of murders as "Gang wars". They're completely clueless of the underground city beneath them.

It might not work, it might work. Who knows? Now I just gotta go read up on things, take notes, and write the plot out more. My friend Des liked it, and she's helping me with side plots. I'll be sure to update you on the characters and everything. You can check out this project under the Project button under more or other. I forgot which one O_O.

*Keep On Dreaming*



1 comment:

Follow by Email