Friday, December 21, 2012

Blood Revenge: Chapter 4


                August 18th, 1825

                1825 was the date Ramona had "changed".  I read on, though the ink had smeared over time.

                Our deal was simple.  My fear of death and thirst for knowledge traded for a connection above ground. He was a gentleman, which was something I didn't think was possible since he was the tyrant of hell. Mama and her stories seemed to be like a lie. He gave me the power to read, write, to know before the happenings, to not die. I'll age. It'll just be slow, so very slow. Now, when Death comes for me, I'll be able to be content with my long life and greet him like an old friend. He asks that I be his eyes in my world. If I see something wrong, then I’ll tell him. He gave me a book. Now, it is blank, though he assures me over time, as his trust grows, it will show me all the secrets of the universe. I don’t believe him, but I have to because now it’s too late to take back the deal. I know Mama would be ashamed of what I’ve done. I’m ashamed with what I’ve done. The thought of watching these people die while I live… It’s something I never thought of till now. It’s funny. I can read, write, and speak properly now after this deal. As of Yesterday, I couldn’t even say the world “The” without making it Dah. Master James can’t know this. He’d strike me if he even knew I was writing in a journal. Before this deal, I saw him as only a Master, but now I see him as an oppressor. I just can’t do anything about it. Please. Let me take back all the thoughts.
-Ramona

Yep. Hit 9,00 words. Chapter 4. I think it's coming along pretty well. I've decided to slow it down and get more research done on my characters. I don't want to mess it up. I hope to finish Chapter 9 by the end of my break. Crossing my fingers.

So far, Livi hasn't met Jekla or Warren. Noel's been introduced with his glorious blondeness. Ramona's entire secretive truth is being revealed. Aria visits in Livi's dream. The hellfire scene and Deimos's introduction. I'm really excited to finish the dream portion I'm currently writing. It's a bit hard because I'm trying to make it perfect for my readers. 

*Keep On Dreaming*

2 comments:

Follow by Email